Sunday, February 03, 2013

The Windows

 We seem to have bad luck with windows in the apartments and houses we rent.  
Remember these?
There was enough air blowing through the windows to bow the protective plastic out like a balloon.

 Here's what happens to our windows when it's really cold outside here.
The frost creeps out onto the crank, like it's coming to get us.
I'm almost certain that it will.

I especially like this one.  The frost is made of large, fuzzy crystals,
and the curtain is actually frozen to the end of the crank.

This is what our last week has looked like.  It has been oh, so cold.
I'm cold.  The kind of cold where I cannot warm up, no matter what I do.
I'm dreaming of warm days playing in the park.

But for now, Brrrrrrrr! I need to go make some more hot chocolate.

2 comments:

Madame Palmkey said...

Okay wow. I thought that "Frosted windowpanes" was something in songs, that you achieve with a spray can for a festive look. Yuck. I could never live there. Even in our temperate clime I have to soak my feet in hot water twice a day because I lose feeling and circulation down there and they get really cold.

Spring is coming here, officially. My snowdrop is in bloom.

Pulcheria said...

Oh. That looks so cold. Come play with us, I'll bet 50 will feel SO warm!