Sunday, February 03, 2013

Happy Birthday to Me!

I had a great birthday this year.  I was very spoiled by family and friends.  Lots of love given from people far and wide.  I do feel so very loved.  Thank you to one and all.

Here are the flower cupcakes I made.  I wanted something girlie. :)


I was especially aware of the little gifts given to me by my boys that day:
I received a Happy Birthday wish whispered into my ear first thing in the morning by Gunner, who also told me that he hoped I would have a lovely day.

Hobbes slept in so that I could take a shower in peace.

With a smile from ear to ear, Gunner handed the Ipad to me like a platter, playing the John McCutcheon Happy Birthday song.

My boys played happily with friends so that I could have a pleasant morning with a friend.

Hobbes was so very excited for present-opening time.  He was beyond tired by the time we did present time at the end of the day, and he just couldn't handle standing by and watching mommy open presents (which he inexplicably calls "boing boings").  So he helped me.  He made sure that each present was opened vigorously.  With love.

Gunner decorated the cupcakes in the front of this picture.  He cut out hearts from Fondant (pronounced Fahn-Dahnt, the way Cake Boss would say it).  He chose hearts "for love" because he loves me that much.  

I am blessed.
I am loved.
I am so very grateful.

4 comments:

Matt and Christy said...

Happy, happy Birthday, Mindy! I hope that you have a fantastic year!

cfg said...

I wish I could have been there. If I visit in June will you make me a cake ?

Mindy said...

C, of course. I would be more than happy to.

Pulcheria said...

Love you!