Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Humdrum

I feel productive this week.  I always feel like I have won a gold medal when I feel this way.  I sat down on Sunday evening and planned out my meals and to-do lists for the week.  On Monday, I cleaned my bathrooms, did my laundry (washed, folded and put away all five loads), vacuumed my floors, sent emails for my calling, went to Costco and the grocery store AND gave Spiff a hair cut.  Yesterday, took the kids to a playgroup, hosted a lunch, babysat some kids and rehearsed an upcoming musical number.  I have also managed to get the kids to help me clean up their toys for three days in a row.  I'm impressive, I know.  You should be amazed at me, especially since we all know that this kind of order and productivity doesn't usually happen in these parts.

Besides all that awesomeness, my favorite moment of the week was when I showed up at Costco and couldn't find my grocery list in my bag.  I knew I had put it in my bag when I left the house.  Where could it be?!  Then I remembered that I had made a quick stop at our neighborhood mailbox...and I realized that I dropped my grocery list in the little mail slot along with some letters.  Happy Valentines Week, Lucky Postman!  Now you will know what is on our menu for the week!  I felt so silly as I marched around the store desperately trying to remember all of the things I had carefully written on my mile-long list.

And also, I have an awesome postman.  I found my grocery list sitting in my mailbox today with my bills.  Good thing, too, because then I remembered that I needed to buy yogurt for dinner tonight.

This post is sounding like it could be an entry in my personal journal.  My life of taking care of my kids is so commonplace; these are the kinds of things I get excited about.

1 comment:

cfg said...

Well, I am impressed. I went to Winco, thinking my shopping list was in my purse. No, it wasn't, so I had to wrack my brain to recall it. When I got home I discovered my list, in my pocket. As it turns out, I had forgotten only one item! I think you are accomplishment girl all the time.