Thursday, November 20, 2008

This is a job for...

Accomplishment Girl! I love it when she comes to the rescue. What James & I accomplished by 11:00 this morning:
We were both showered/bathed and dressed by 8:00 a.m.
We were out of the house by 9:00 a.m.
And we took our first solo trip to the grocery store.
Big steps!

I have been nervous about the trip to the store, which is why it has taken me over a month to attempt it by myself. Thankfully, James was a dream! He slept almost the whole time, and when he started fussing, I popped his new beloved MAM-brand binkie in his mouth, and he was happy as a clam.

Also, I enjoyed all of the elderly people who adored my baby at the store today. I'm such a proud mommy!

And on a side note, I'm wearing my wedding ring again. I haven't been able to fit it onto my swollen hands since April. I was beginning to think I would have to get it resized. I guess I'm recovering from the pregnancy after all!
Like I said, big steps!

4 comments:

The Fergy Bunch said...

So I found your blog off of Emmie's page hope you don't mind. Anywys, I read about your other post & I thought I would send you a few pointers we have learned from our year in baby land.
1. When you child has a stuffy nose and they have to be upright, stick a pillow under their mattress this will put them at a gradual incline safe for them.
2. An infant can breathe easier if you would take them into a steamy shower room rather than just having a humidifier. Apparently the shower steam offers a finer mist that is more easily breathed in by tiny noses.
Hope these tips help! It seems like I need help with a new baby issue every week.

Pulcheria said...

Wow-I'm impressed! Morning shopping is the best when it comes to people adoring your children!

Madame Palmkey said...

You're a star! I'm so excited to meet the wee un. What would you like for Christmas? I need to start thinking and I don't want to give you a bunch of baby stuff, Santa will get that for Jimseykins.

Dave and Kathryn Dodds said...

I remember how happy I was to wear my wedding ring again!!!!
Good job on taking a trip to the store! Those first trips are intimidating because you have NO idea of what to expect and it's akward when other people are around watching you...
Yeah for James! What a cutie.
You do have to live on those little accomplishments for awhile. They are small victories, especially the shower!