Sunday, November 16, 2008

Nanny

My sisters have been here this week, and now I am wishing I could afford a nanny. I have loved having extra hands around the house to hold my baby. I feed him, change him, and pass him off to someone else who will cuddle him while I take a shower or a nap. Also, as Spiff mentioned, the baby has been sick, and we have had to hold him almost constantly over the past couple days. Every time we tried to put him down to sleep, the congestion would pool in his head, and he would wake up hurting and scared that he couldn't breathe. So, we held him upright or slightly inclined all day and night. It has been wonderful to have the aunties around to help us hold him so that we could all get at least a couple hours of sleep. They're leaving today, and we're all going to go through withdrawals.

Anyone know of a good nanny in town who will love my baby like his aunties?

5 comments:

Behrmans said...

Great friends!!!

Do you have a humidifier? The ones at Target that are in the shape of an animal actually humidify. They are awesome and work wonders for the kids when they are congested and can’t breath.

lulu said...

I'll hold your baby! I loved your last posts and want to make up my own superhero character.
You did get a lot done...I'm especially impressed with 5 loads laundry folded and put a way.
I miss you and hope to see you soon.
I too enjoy humidifiers and vicks. Also, you can try raising the mattress on one end. Or, let him sleep in the car seat.

Heath said...

Just make Steph an offer. She hasn't been happy at all since she arrived home, and I get the feeling she might be happier somewhere else anywhay.

Linzi Lou, Samantha Boo, Madi Moo, and Chris too said...

I really wish I could be your full time Nanny, it would be the best job ever I think!

Steph said...

You need to face facts here, no one will love him like his Aunties!!