Saturday, October 25, 2008

Change

Our little boy arrived last week. He's perfect and we love him. He has sandy blond hair, dark eyes, tiny hands and feet, and an insatiable apetite. Monday was a very difficult day for us, and tuesday was even worse. It's difficult to have a little boy whom you know is hungry, but can't eat very well, and who gets frustrated with our clumsy attempts to help him. He is doing much much better now, and has more or less figured out what breastfeeding entails. I love rocking him back and forth and watching his eyes track my face, even in his cross-eyed way. I can't really convey the wild emotional oscillations that we have both felt this week, but I haven't had as many profound spiritual experiences in so short a time as I had this week. We are all doing well, and so is our little boy.

3 comments:

Aaron said...

Stephanie and I are so deeply moved and excited about your beautiful baby! We can't wait for a chance to see him and you again. It is all so incredibly life changing, isn't it? I mean, you know it will be, but after it all happens you are truly changed. I used to just lay Ethan on my knees and stare at him for hours...awe is the best word. We love you guys!!! Aaron and Stephanie

Dave and Kathryn Dodds said...

I'm so, SO happy for you! It's so true about going through such a spiritual growth! It keeps going. I've never needed my Heavenly Father more and appreciated more everything that our gospel entails! I'm so grateful my kids are mine through eternity!

Linzi Lou, Samantha Boo, Madi Moo, and Chris too said...

I keep waiting to see pictures of him, but we may just have to impose on you guys and come visit you so that we can see the little guy. Take lots of notes on first parenting so you can help Chris and I down the road.