Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Gratitude

So I was studying some pharmacology for cardio and my mind wandered, as it usually does in the evening, to a talk by Elder Bednar given in conference two weeks ago. In it, he recounted a story wherein an apostle asked Elder Bednar's wife to pray, but only to express thanks. I made a little goal to try that for a week in my evening prayers and see how things went. I guess I'm pretty needy because I only went 2 days. Here are a few of the things I'm grateful for though:

Mindy's health
Our very nice but affordable apartment
The fact that our car hasn't died despite being close to 200K miles
Academic succcess (pending our neuro grades)
Our babie's health in utero
Good friends who are generous
The Bach Cello Suite in G prelude. Pretty much a perfect piece of music.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

-Mhana
Rachmaninoff's rhapsody on a theme by Paganini
Crisp leaves in fall
2 Nephi chapter 4
Mom wanting to talk
funny friends
A nephew named Gay
Anticipation of happy times
A steady job that I enjoy
Roommates I love
A calling I feel I do well
A chance to serve my fellow man
Dental floss and hygiene generally
My brother and sister(in-law)
A silly imagination
The moment in AD when GOB is incredulous at a bead business then furious/horrified at bees. Old big bear. He likes the honey. I didn't know we were calling him big bear. We never had the chance.

Mindy said...

George, I like this post. I have been too focused on all the uncomfortable and negative lately.
For me:
A loving, caring husband
Wonderful parents
Good relationships with my fantastic siblings and siblings-in-law
A healthy baby so far
The gospel
Friends
Comforts we enjoy (house, food, car)
My education and related experiences

Heath said...

Spaceman -
after seeing the changes made to your blog (all of the additional links to friends blogs, etc.) I'm beginning to regret guilting you into giving Mindy admin rights. Maybe that wasn't a good decision.