Monday, August 19, 2013

AG Works Out

I am training for two upcoming half marathons.  I'm running this one on Saturday.  I'll be running with a friend and using it as a long-run in order to be ready for this one in September, which I'm doing with Spiff.  He will be doing the Full Inline Marathon on his nifty speed skates.  We actually lined up a babysitter for the night so Spiff and I can go do this event together...alone.  I did just say alone.  I'm so excited!

My latest runs have not been so awesome.  Yesterday, I quit my treadmill run two miles early.  I partially blame the not-awesomeness of my running on my recent discovery of Fitness Blender.  (The other part I blame on my own natural not-awesomeness.)  I have been taking full advantage of FB's amazing and free full-length online workouts.  I have been cross-training with these, and I feel like I am getting stronger.    I like the idea of combining running with cross-fit style high intensity workouts.  I think that the strength training will eventually be very beneficial to my distance running.  But my legs are also very tired, which makes it hard to run. 

I have made a goal to do the 100 Squat Challenge every Friday.  My legs weren't nearly so sore the second time I did it as they were the first.  I will soon be a Goddess of Squats.

1 comment:

Madame Palmkey said...

I am afraid you can only be the goddess of squats if you are squatting in a thinly wooded area of a city park to do something that is both disgusting and illegal.