Tuesday, September 03, 2013

From a 2-year-old perspective

The boys and I Skyped with Spiff while he was on call Sunday evening.  Gunner especially enjoyed seeing Daddy at work, and he was very interested in the call room.  He asked Spiff to give us a virtual tour several times.  "Dad, can you show me your bed again?  What's that on the desk?  Oh, it's a computer!  What's under the desk?  Will you show me your bed again?"

What could possibly be more exciting than a call room?  Apparently nothing.  It is so very cool to see part of Daddy's work environment.

Hobbes, on the other hand, was a bit more skeptical of the whole situation.  He chatted with Spiff a little, and then quietly observed for a while before saying to me, "I don't like that Daddy one."

And then, "Daddy, get out of Mommy's IPad!"

It still cracks me up.

I guess an ipad-to-ipad video call would be hard thing for a 2-year-old to understand.  He is used to youtube videos, and videos we take of the family from various cameras, but he's not so used to such an interactive version of a video.

1 comment:

cfg said...

Clearly Daddy needs to take some playmobils or other interesting things to work so there is something to talk about.