Sunday, August 18, 2013

Oh, What Do You Do In the Summertime?

I love being a SAHM during the Summer.  We have had the most mild Summer I have experienced in years.  There were only about a week or two that it was hot enough that we didn't want to be outside.  Good Summer weather means lots of outdoor Summer fun, at least when we haven't been recuperating from surgery or *potty training.  I love our hours of riding bikes outside.  I love handing out otter pops like they're going out of style.  My boys are the very most happy when they are playing at the beach.  And when they're happy, I'm happy.

Gunner said, "I think Summer has gone too quickly for me."  I completely agree.  I will miss this Summer when it's gone.

Cold weather will come all too soon.  I finally put away all of our Winter Clothes at the end of June.  I am looking forward to Fall and trips to the apple orchard, and I always look forward to the deliciousness that is Fall Food.

Oh, but this Summer of my small children.  This one I will remember fondly.


*Note: Hobbes has figured out the potty thing!  We struggled with the #2's for a couple of days, but then he seemed to just get it.  He has spent 5 out of 7 nights this week dry!!!, which is something I would not have thought possible a week ago.  He even learned a new phrase from his older brother, which he now uses to inform me when he needs to use the bathroom.  His statements of "I need to go Potty!" are now alternated with, "I need to go so bad!"  I'm so proud of him.  And he is enjoying my free use of candy as potty bribery.

He has also enjoyed this book.  Best potty-training book ever.

1 comment:

Madame Palmkey said...

Rats. I was enjoying having another family member who poops his pants. Now it looks like I'm the only one. I wish you lived close. I want to go run in my sprinkler (it is hot) but I also want a little buddy to do it with me.