Sunday, August 26, 2012

The Word Switch

It has happened!  Hobbesie's little word switch has gone off.

It all started on a little family camping trip we took a few weeks ago.  Gunner, Hobbes and I were snuggling down in the tent, reading books, and trying to get the kids settled down for bed (an almost impossible task when we're camping!!!).  Gunner and I sang a Raffi sing-along book of "The Wheels on the Bus" to Hobbes.  I remember this book being a favorite of Gunner when he was Hobbes's age.  The next day, after we got home from our little trip, Hobbes found the book lying on the floor, picked it up, and said, "Rouw rouw rouw."  Over and over.

Since then, it has been about three new words each day.  I love this phase of baby.  It's so fun to finally hear what's going on in their little minds.

Yesterday, we were playing outside in the yard with balls, and I heard this complete phrase, 
"Mama, baba down."

So awesome that he can finally tell me that he needs help because the ball he was playing with fell down through the stairs, and he can't reach it.

I seriously love this kid.

No comments: