Thursday, August 09, 2012

My New Costco Problem

I love Costco.  I love shopping there.  I admit to having a Costco Problem.  I developed my problem over the last year.  I spent more money at Costco, and less at my local grocery store.  I felt guilty about the large amounts of money spent there, but enjoyed the delicious food and fully-stocked pantry we had in our home.  I dragged my boys to Costco 2-3 times per week.

My new problem is that there is not a Costco here.  Not yet.

Not until November 16.

There is a Sam's Club here, and Maggie has agreed to let me go with her sometimes.  I'm incredibly grateful for that.  But I'm holding out for a membership for when Costco opens.  How am I going to make it three more months?

Oh, Costo, how I miss you!  How I miss your $5 rotisserie chickens!  How I miss your delicious try-outs!  How I miss buying crackers and toilet paper in bulk!  How I worry that I will run out of my favorite Kirkland brand garbage bags before you open!  How I dislike buying everything at the grocery store!!!  Everything is so small and expensive there.  I feel like they are sucking me dry with every food purchase.

I can do this.  Three more months.  Those construction guys better not slack off.  I'm expecting a prompt grand opening, and I'll be there at the door.


No comments: