Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Grief

My mind and heart are grieving today for a sweet family friend who lost her husband last week in a tragic accident.  He and his 6-year-old daughter took their motorcycle on a ride around the block.  They hit a car driven by a drunk driver who ran a stop sign.  The daughter was thrown clear (she tells people that her daddy threw her off the motorcycle) and miraculously came away with a few bumps and bruises.

Today, Emilie is burying her husband and the father of her five small children.  My heart is broken for her and her family.

My family is all attending the funeral this morning.  I wish I could be there to grieve with them and show my support for these people who were so important to me during all the years I lived at home.

I am so grateful for the Gospel this day.  I am so grateful for forever families and for knowing that Emilie's children will get the chance to know their daddy in the afterlife.  I am grateful that I will be with my family for eternity.  I am also reminded that anything can happen, and that we need to try out best to show our gratitude for our loved ones every day.  

No comments: