Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Biggest Losers

I forgot to tell one more little story about the things that Gunner says. This is a pretty good one, so brace yourselves.

I have been watching old seasons of The Biggest Loser on Netflix with Gunner. He doesn't nap anymore, and I sort of use it as his down time in the afternoons when I don't feel like doing anything else. Judge me, if you want, since it is TV, and it's not educational kid shows, but we have a good time together. He really enjoys it, too. When he has been playing really hard, and I can tell he is craving some down time, he requests that we pop some popcorn and watch "The Biggest Losers." (Yes, that's plural. Hee hee.)

So, two funny things about his watching this show. I turned it on one day, and he asked me, "Are the people flat yet? Or still fat?" And when he caught a glimpse of Bob & Jillian, he asked, "Are those the people who make them flat again?"

I love that it's a difference between fat and flat.

Also, my neighbor lent me her foam roller a while ago after running a hard set of intervals on her treadmill. It was painfully awesome to roll out my aches and pains, and it was a big hit with my kids, as well. When I was finally able to convince Gunner that it was Mommy's turn on the roller, and that he needed to give me some space, he sort of squatted down on the floor next to me, put his hand down on the floor with this intense look in his eye and said, "I know it hurts, Mommy, but you have to do it anyway."

I think I am creating the next generation's Biggest Loser Trainer, and I think he'll have an early understanding of how to bring the pain.

2 comments:

kalie said...

Let's get those fatties flat again! He is my fav. Glad he loves the show like I do. :)

Madame Palmkey said...

I love that boy. I wish he were my trainer. This flattie is on her way to fattie, and I don't care. How come I don't gain weight in my chest? I stay flat on top and get increasingly round in the middle. It is a crying shame. Also, Susan offered to pay for me to come to SLC too! I do not yet know what my teaching schedule will be so I don't know if I can come -- if I have to work Monday and Friday it seems kind of unlikely. But maybe I will be there, and then we can celebrate MY birthday for once! YAH! I shall pick the ice cream! And I pick mint! We'll see. Sorry to get your hopes up if it doesn't work.