Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Things He Says

The Talk:
Gunner's talk on Sunday went surprisingly well. His teacher had told me that he wanted a turn talking at the podium, and he seemed excited to do it. But I thought for sure that he would chicken out. All week long, he was insistent that he tell the story of Jesus being resurrected, but I got him to "write" a talk with me about King Benjamin and keeping the commandments.

On Sunday, he bravely got up in front of the primary, and he didn't even hesitate for a moment. I whispered in his ear, and he said, "King Benjamin...No, Mom, let's skip that part." (He did not say, Let's get to the good part about when Jesus was resurrected, but that's what I heard.) I cracked up, pulled it together, and together we delivered his talk. It was awesome, and I am still so proud.

The Possessive:
Okay, so he is actually growing out of this one, but I wish he wouldn't. I love it, and I have to record it before I forget. When he talks about something that belongs to someone else, it goes like this:
I want to go to Louis is house.
Can I play with Holly is toys?
Look, there are Hobbes is cars!
Did you see Isaac is daddy?

The Phrase:
He is also experimenting with phrases that we say all the time, even when he doesn't understand them. Some examples from the past few days:
(As we drove in the car) Step it on, Mom! Go fast!
(As he giggled at his brother) Hobbes is cracking me out!
(As he carried a paper from the car to the house) I don't want it to wind away!

The Finale for Today:
My niece spent the day with us on Friday. She and Gunner played and played happily together all day long, which I have to say was awesome beyond belief. While she was here, I overheard him say to her:
My dad will be strangely excited to know that you're here!

I will be strangely excited if these made you smile. He makes me giggle every day.

4 comments:

Madame Palmkey said...

That was awesome. Spiff is strangely excited all the time

kalie said...

So cute! Thanks for posting this. :)

Pulcheria said...

SO cute! Wish I could have heard that talk! Love you both.

Mel said...

That is awesome. What a cute boy!