Friday, August 05, 2011

As Requested

I have had a couple requests to explain the "Magic Pooping Toy." So here's an explanation, and then I promise to stop talking about poop.

My dear friend, Pulcheria, gave this advice as a comment to a previous post. (Pulcheria, I hope it's okay with you that I'm reposting it here.)

"The pooping was my biggest stress too! And Beemer had issues. She would hold it until we put a diaper on her at night for a long time. Or have accidents like you are dealing with. AT finally made her a poopoo necklace that she could wear on the potty. It was a magic necklace that would help her poop when she needed too (it was really just a button on a string) and it worked! So our suggestion is a new car that he can hold or some article of clothing he can wear only on the potty that is magic. Oh, and a diet coke for you!"

Like I said, she and her husband are brilliant. I think this type of insight is a rare and beautiful thing.

2 comments:

Madame Palmkey said...

I was scared of the dark and monsters and all kinds of things. In a genuinely bizarre moment of my childhood, my dad took one of my bears, a very large bear in fact, and gave it a blessing (note that he did not have the priesthood and even if he did, I'm not sure what the protocol is with stuffed animals). He said it was now a protecting bear that would watch over me in the night. What can I say, magic works.

Pulcheria said...

Rare and beautiful, maybe. Whatever works - definitely! Love you!