Thursday, June 17, 2010

Lightbulb

Okay, two things before I tell my story:
1. I recently got out some toys for Gunner that I had kept hidden for a while. It is a set of pretend food and dishes. I got them for him for Christmas, and I hid them for a while because I was tired of picking them up off the floor.

2. Gunner loves helping me when I cook and bake. His job is to dump cupfuls and spoonfuls of ingredients into a bowl. He is always right there by my side when I make cookies, dumping in the salt and baking powder. Sometimes he doesn't get the dumping action quite right and gets a facefull of flour, to his great dismay, and my great entertainment! Of course, he enjoys the perk at the end of mixing of licking the beaters.

Alright, on to my story. I made dinner rolls the other day, and as usual, he was right by my side on a kitchen chair, helping me out. As I was rolling out and shaping the dough, with my rolling pin and pizza cutter, he gasped, climbed off the chair, and ran out of the kitchen. I thought he was just tired of baking or just excited to play with his long-lost toys. Then he returned with this:
I gave him his own little piece of dough to cut. Man, I stinkin' love watching him figure things out!

1 comment:

Pulcheria said...

That is fabulous and so adorable! What a smartie!