Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Eating My Words, and My Crutches, Too

Approximately one hour after I posted the previous post, Gunner woke up crying.  I fed him, we  rocked him, we rubbed his gums with Orejel, and he wouldn't calm down and go back to sleep.  So, in a desperate attempt to get us all back to bed, I reached for the binkie.  Spiff eventually got him back to sleep, and I assume that Gunner was still sucking on his binkie, since it was in his crib when we got up this morning.

This is what happens when daytime aspirations meet night time desperation.  Apparently, we should actually throw the binkies away if we really want this to work.  On the other hand, if he still needs them, and they still serve their purpose, I guess we might not be ready to give them up after all.  We'll see.  I'm still going to give it a shot, and we will see if we actually can give up this crutch.

2 comments:

Pulcheria said...

Hang in there. Sleep is a big part of all of this. That is the entire reason Beemer had her binky until she was 2!

Ahenobarbus Textor said...

binkies are nice. plus, they're easier to remove, when the time comes, than are... oh, say, THUMBS!