Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Poisson d'Avril

Spiff loves a good prank, so April Fool's Day is right up his alley. I, on the other hand, am not a prankster. Spiff usually doesn't act on his tricksy tendencies to me, it doesn't occur to me to be wary on a day like today.

This morning, I walked in on Spiff cutting out this little gem:
If you're anything like me, you would ask him, "What are you doing?" He would answer, "Just a project for school." And you'd sort of believe him, and promptly forget about it.

Then, when the mother of your only piano student pulls this off your back at 4:45 in the afternoon...
...you realize that your dear, sweet husband got you! He really got you! I didn't suspect a thing, and I had been wearing a fish on my back all day long! Also, my 14-yr-old piano student had to explain to me the French tradition of sticking a paper fish on someone's back on April Fool's Day, since she learned about it at school today, and I had no idea about the significance of the paper fish I had been donning.

So, congratulations to Spiff on a great little prank. Here is what he got for dinner (keep in mind that every time I ask him what he would like for dinner, he very helpfully answers, "Beans").:

6 comments:

Angelavon said...

hilarious! you guys crack me up!

Madame Palmkey said...

Poisson d'Avril! Poisson d'Avril!!!!! I didn't get to do any fish today and now I deeply regret it. Another year passes...

Kev and Chels said...

hahahahahaha!

Linzi Lou, Samantha Boo, Madi Moo, and Chris too said...

Ha ha, he got Chris too, I was actually on the phone with him when he found it on his back and explained the french tradition to me to. I am glad someone got into the holiday!! I hope he enjoyed the beans for dinner, although the aftermath may have been more of a punishment for you!

Mike said...

That's awesome, great prank. I'll have to use this sometime.

lulu said...

love it!