Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Another unit down

Well, since I seem to post about once a month these days, I thought I'd update the world on my doings. I passed Skin, Bone, and Joint, our connective tissue module. As the name implies it is quite a wide assortment of subject material. This made finding a studying groove pretty much impossible since every week a totally new set of lecturers would speak to us. I have now safely ruled out dermatology as a specialty, (not that I think i'll have the board scores for it anyway), hematology/oncology, which is also something I think I would detest, rheumatology -hmm, chronic disease- my favorite!, and geriatrics. My school has the #3 geriatrics program in the country, but I don't find the material very engaging. I'm currently in the endocrine module which is refreshingly homogenous. My current quandary is how best to balance studying for USMLE step I and my coursework. If i study for classes, I have less time to review for the boards, but my courses are on the boards anyway, so it's still kind of a review. If, on the other hand, I devote some more time to reviewing material from last year like biochem and immunology, then I will sacrifice my performance in my current class. At least I will have 5 weeks to review in may/june which will be very helpful.
cheers
SS.

No comments: