Friday, October 11, 2013

Gunner Funnies

Some funny things my almost-5-year-old Gunner said recently:

Spiff told Gunner that he would be On Call tomorrow.  This shows how well G knows the routine...
Gunner: So, you will work all night.  Then you will come home and sleep until lunch.

While looking at a picture of the Tetons (keep in mind that Spiff took G skiing in Utah, not at the Tetons, of course):
G (said in a matter of fact tone): When dad took me skiing in the mountains, he made me go down a Teton.  I went beeeeeewwwww, down so fast, and then I landed on my head in the snow.

During a discussion about money:
G: I have more money than you.  I have 17 pennies and 1 dime.  Um...how much is a dime? Because I have one of those.

While listening to the HMS Pinafore in the car:
G: Mom, is there a Pina-three and a Pina-two and a Pina-five?

While playing Legos one day, Gunner dive bombed us with a Lego bullet from his Star Wars Plane:
Hobbes: Stop that, Gunner!
Gunner: I can't stop.  I don't really know what this thing is doing!

Last, but not least, this little story:
Gunner wrapped some green yarn around and around an area of the banister and declared that it was a spiderweb he made for Halloween.  I expressed my greatest mommy pleasure at his creation. 
He got all sad and said: I thought it would scare you.  I made so that it would be spooky.
And later:  Why didn't my spiderweb scare you?!
And later...we hung out in the kitchen for a while, ate some dinner, and then I sent him downstairs to get his jammies on.  He turned around and started down the stairs.
And he said, in all seriousness: Ahh!  I forgot my spiderweb was there, and it scared me!

1 comment:

Madame Palmkey said...

Oh gunner, you little rascal.