Thursday, March 17, 2011

Match

So today was match day. I got my number one choice for residency, doing anesthesia at the Mayo clinic. Prior to my residency, I'll be doing a year long internship at a hospital in Salt Lake City. The match ceremony was quite a rollercoaster event. They randomized the envelopes containing our match assignments, and then called us up one at a time. I was about halfway through the group, got my envelope and headed back to the group of married students. I tore it open, unfolded it and read where I was headed. One of our good friends is also heading there too, so Sweete Wiff will have someone to be with, after our year in "zion". I'm a bit of a masochist, so I deliberately chose an intern year that I knew would be hard, but rigorous and prepare me well for residency. At least I will be able to go skiing on the few days that I have off. It's a huge blessing for us and the answer to many prayers that we wound up getting our first choice.
-SS.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Congratulations! I'm am very happy for your family.

Lauren Kay said...

Congratulations Spiff! That's really exciting! Hope Utah isn't too horrible for you guys. At least its Salt Lake. I'd avoid Utah County (south) and Davis County (north) if I were you. But really, congratulations.