Sunday, August 10, 2008

Worse

So, I realized that my mistake with the hymn was a bit embarrassing, and apparently, I did blush so badly that George thought I was crying. However, I wasn't really that embarrassed. Much more embarrassing for me was the time in February that I was subbing for the chorister in Sacrament Meeting. Before the rest hymn, George and I had been jokingly discussing how I should conduct a particular hymn in 6/8 time. We imagined that it would be funny to conduct it in 3/4, or 2/4, or my favorite, in a big, slow one-beat pattern. We had a good chuckle about it in our seats.

And then I got up in front of the congregation, started conducting the hymn...and got the giggles. I spent the entire 4-verse hymn in a fit of uncontrollable giggles, while blushing redder and redder the whole time. I was thankful that George pulled his hymn book up over his face so that I couldn't look at him because the giggles started up again every time I glanced in his direction. I could also see people in the congregation noticing...whispering to their neighbor, pointing, and laughing. Yes, that was a much more embarrassing moment than playing the wrong hymn.

1 comment:

Ahenobarbus Textor said...

you know, I think I remember that week. Very funny.