Sunday, October 21, 2007

Anatomy Prank

So, CW commented on my post "Moron Dissecting" and it reminded me of a prank I played. Before exams a few friends and I usually get together to pin our own practice practicals in order to get in some more exposure. Prior to our exam on the head and neck we indulged in our ritual together. Everyone gets 5 pushpins to insert into the structures of their choosing and the rest of us get to identify them. I decided that a little humor was in order, so I found a brown rubber band that looked exactly like a dried up nerve. Carefully placing it next to the hypoglossal nerve, I stuck a pin in it. As people cycled through, I forcefully told them not to pick at it, it was a delicate structure. I could see most of my friends smiling to themselves as they passed through, but one stayed for about a minute puzzling through what I had pinned. Finally, after he picked at it, I told him it was 'nervus elasticus, cranial nerve XIII'. He smiled sheepishly. A small joke indeed.

2 comments:

mhw said...

Good one Geo! You'll have plenty more opportunity...

Aaron said...

That is pretty funny I admit. Next time try and fool them into thinking a wadded up condom is really a prolapsed rectum.
By the way, your Harrod/Herod obersvation on my blog was a good catch. Of course I meant Harrod...do you know how much they charged me for bag of Oreos in 1992?! They are PURE evil at that place...pure EVIL, bwaaaahaaa...lol - Aaron