Wednesday, January 18, 2012

FM in the AM

Do you ever drive around in the morning with the radio on in your car, wishing there was more music, less talk, while you listen to the DJs and their silly commentary? Ever wonder who would care what the morning DJs have to say and who would laugh at their jokes?

I have. And now I know.

Gunner, that's who.

He has really started listening to things lately. In sacrament meeting, he'll perk up during a talk and say, "He said Jesus loves us." When we're listening to music, he'll say, "He said Love in a hopeless place." When we're at the store, he'll hear the guy in front of us at the check stand and tell me, "He said How's your day."

We were listening in the car this morning, and the DJs were doing a prolonged joke. I missed the story behind it, but it was a whole bunch of ending to "The Last Time." The last time you walked your dog. The last time you fished for a boot. The last time you got smacked in the head by a shoe, etc. He was laughing so hard I thought he might cry. He requested "the joking one" on our drive home in the afternoon.

I guess the intended audience to morning talk on the radio is a three-year-old boy.

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

Loved catching up on your blog this morning! I love how cute that little boy of yours is. And I love laughing about how I feel exactly the same way about primary music, senior primary kids, and "appriopriate" church music. Our bishop is the biggest nazi about it, but at least he's a nazi about sticking to church hymns. No Janice Kapp Perry in our ward. It'd be nice if he'd branch out to a little classical music. Or to some different instruments. It's piano, organ, or flute. Nothing else. Sad.

Mindy said...

Kirsten, no Janice in your ward? Is he allowing the new primary song? :)