Friday, February 26, 2010

Drug of Choice

I couldn't fall asleep last night. For two hours, I tossed and turned in the bed next to Spiff, who was sleeping as soundly as I have ever seen him. The more I tried, the worse it got, and the madder I got that Spiff was sleeping so peacefully as I thrashed around next to him.

I finally gave up trying and in my desperation, I took some Tylenol PM, the miracle drug of my pregnancy with Gunner. During said pregnancy, I took one pill almost every night to fight off the insomnia that haunted me for 9 months. Last night, I took two. And sweet relief, I slept like a champ for the rest of the night.

The recommended dosage on the box is two pills. But Wowzah! Two pills! I'm chasing Gunner around this morning, feeling like I could fall asleep every time I blink.

Poor Gunner has an impatient, tired mommy. Oh, so tired.

2 comments:

cfg said...

What's with this family and insomnia? Even when I am tired I lie awake for hours. And Mhana is the champ of insomnia.

Lauren said...

I think Gunner will survive you being a little drowsy during the day, versus a cranky mom who can't sleep at night. I think guys almost always sleep better. The other morning I came out to find David asleep on the floor with Josh literally sitting on his head. How does he do it?