Sunday, January 03, 2010

I have a button and it's not on my shirt...

I have a button and it's not on my skirt.
I have a button. It's a part of me.
It's the button in the middle of my tummy!

It's my Belly Button, found underneath my sweater.
It's my Belly Button. And it's holding me together!

I'm sure that this is the song Gunner would be singing, if he could sing, as he eats Cheerios in Sacrament meeting. A couple months ago, I tried to entertain my wiggly little boy by sticking Cheerios in his belly button. He thought it was hilarious, and preceded to play peek-a-boo with the button-Cheerio before snatching it out and eating it.

Then two weeks ago, as we were sitting in sacrament meeting, Gunner was getting fussy. I handed him some Cheerios, and on his own, he lifted up his shirt and stuck a Cheerio in his belly button. He entertained himself, and the people sitting next to us, for at least 15 minutes. It happened again today, so apparently this is standard sacrament meeting entertainment.
Forget quiet books. Break out the Button Cheerios!

7 comments:

Madame Palmkey said...

Chris does that all the time with fruit loops. I get a little embarassed but if he is entertained then who am I to complain?

KevandChels said...

hahaha. watch out if he's still doing that at 15:)

Lauren Kay said...

That is so funny! I wish I could have been the seat mates to be entertained during church. I'm always looking for something to keep me more occupied.

Maggie said...

I didn't know you knew that song! I love the belly button song!

lulu said...

Okay! I want sit by you next Sunday.

Oh! And what a beautiful wedding you had. Are those balloons on the ground? Who decorated the hall? It's fabulous! Happy marriage!

Nurse Graham said...

These are the kind of kids I love to sit behind during sacrament meeting--especially if it is high council Sunday.

Lauren said...

Josh enjoys asking for a Cheerio from me, then handing it to someone, usually some other child who was lured over by the sound of a cheerio jar being taken out of a diaper bag. Its like blood in the water and sharks. Josh loves to give away his snacks.