Saturday, July 25, 2009

Enjoying the moment

We are having a Saturday night at home. Our baby is ready for bed and in his jammies. I wish you could see how happy he is right now. He is thoroughly enjoying this evening's pre-bed activity: dancing with Mom & Dad. So far, we have bebopped to "Sing Sing Sing" by Benny Goodman, waltzed to "So She Dances" by Josh Groban, rumbaed to "Fallen" by Lauren Wood, and we're currently swaying to "Anything You Can I, I Can Do Better" by Bing Crosby and the Andrews Sisters. He especially loved the slightly awkward three-person waltz and the big twirls under his daddy's arm. I hope that I can play this scene back on my life-reel when I die and remember my sweet little 9-month-old baby, his fat dancing body, and my happy little family.

4 comments:

cfg said...

OK, I am tearing up. I want to dance with him too.

Lauren said...

Sure, make the pregnant mommy cry! Not that it's that hard, but I know exactly how you feel about hoping we get to replay all those great moments after we kick the bucket.

Kirsten said...

This post made me happy today. I miss you Mindy.

Nurse Graham said...

What a wonderful picture you described! I miss those days when I could just gather up my babies and dance with them. Now they give me a look that says "not in a million years" if I even think of suggesting dancing with their mom. Of course my kids are almost 16 and 13 so I guess that is to be expected.