Friday, June 05, 2009

Happy Place

I'm grumpy today.  I'm stressing about Gunner's sleep issues, Spiff's Grammy's living situation, and finding a modest and cute dress to wear to my sister-in-law's wedding.  And the baby has been crying at me.  So, I need to write about things that make me happy:
  1. A competent auto repair shop located three blocks from my house.
  2. The weather is beautiful today.  Sunny and warmish.  Not beastly hot and humid.
  3. I went on a walk with my baby, and he kicked his little fat feet the whole time.
  4. I'm making delicious turkey sandwiches for my picnic lunch with Spiff.
  5. I just discovered that Gunner likes avocado.  My son after my own heart.
  6. Gunner intentionally hugs and kisses us now (big sloppy drooly kisses).  As he comes in for a kiss, he pulls my hair, and it would be cute if it didn't hurt so much.
  7. Spiff will be done with his big bad test in one week from today.
  8. Then we get to go on vacation for three weeks, go to the wedding, and see our families.

2 comments:

Madame Palmkey said...

You will look ravishing whatever you wear, do not fret fair sister-in-law!

Nurse Graham said...

Good luck to Spiff on his up-coming test. I'm sure he has been studying just as much as Dan. We'll keep both of them in our prayers this week as they finish preparing.

Dan's sister, Heather