Friday, June 27, 2008

Moving

George and I are moving this weekend.  We are very excited about our new apartment, which is big and beautiful, and has two bedrooms (the whole reason for the move in the first place).  We have been packing and moving stuff all week long.  I am always amazed at how much stuff we actually have...every time I move it all.  I am happy to be moved, and I will be happier when the move is over and we are settled.

The piano movers came this morning.  If there is anything worth spending money on, in my humble opinion, it is professional piano movers.  My piano is little, but very heavy.  And we have lots of stairs.  And there are tricky hallways and doors to maneuver around.  And I would feel so badly if we tried to do it ourselves and we wrecked (or even scratched) our beautiful little piano.  It is so nice to have the pros come in with their dolly, their ramps, their truck, their moving blankets, their big muscles, and their experience.  They make it look relatively easy, and now our piano is safely in it's new place in our new home.  I also realized that I'm pretty attached to my little piano.  I miss it already.  I am glad we're moving tomorrow so that I can be with it again.

Also, I love the piano moving company (A Piano's Friend), and I will recommend them any day.

No comments: