Monday, March 24, 2008

Last block

The last block began today. I'm now studying pharmacology and pathology. We have pharm a whopping 6 times a week to the paltry twice-weekly path sessions. I'm hoping I'll enjoy pharm since I want to do anesthesia which is all pharm. My friends give me a hard time because I always remember the drugs they tell us to ignore in all our other modules. I just got my gargantual Robbins pathology book in the mail today. Hopefully it will be more than a $90 doorstop, though who can say. The second years in my ward say they use it pretty frequently, so it seems like a good investment. I can't believe how fast the time has flown by. So far, it really hasn't been as bad as I though it would be. This block looks to be pretty tough because we have class most of the day several days a week. I don't really like that because I would rather have that time to study.

2 comments:

Maggie said...

I think it was Pat that said in his second year he's stopped going to a lot of his classes and just used the time to study.

Not that I'm encouraging skipping or anything.

Maggie said...

Dan now says it probably wasn't Pat since he's an avid class goer, but I've heard someone tell me that they gave up going to classes. Perhaps it was Erin's husband?