Friday, March 28, 2008

Back to the track

I might have been a little premature in thinking that school was getting easier. Pharm is pretty tough right now. All of the kinetics (i.e. rates of absorption, excretion, etc.) stuff I thought I could safely leave in gen chem has come back to haunt me with a vengeance. I finally got my grades from Genetics and things went pretty well there after all. I've noticed in medical school I'm a lot more ambivalent about grades. As an undergrad, a 91 % on a test would send me into a depression for a week. Now, as long as I'm passing and doing a little better than average, I'm ok. I don't sweat failing, and, as the truism goes P= MD. I'm not slacking, but I don't really care as much about the grade, which is very freeing. Perhaps I've finally grown up. Unlikely. I'm still 13 on the inside, I just have good days when I act my age.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh yeah?, well I heard you honored Genetics, so there.cfg

Matt and Christy said...

George- Congratulations on being a dad! You are going to love it. Please have Mindy call or e-mail me. I don't know her number or anything. Thanks
Christy