Monday, May 13, 2013

Gunner's Life on a Race Track

I think my little boy is so lucky.  He has an incredible imagination.  It's so vivid that he has a hard time separating reality from the imaginary (so much so that he can't really watch movies or cartoons because they scare him), but that's something he'll learn with time.

Anyone who knows Gunner knows that he's a car kid.  Some kids love monster trucks.  Some love dinosaurs.  With Gunner, it has always been cars.  He has had a car in his hands at almost all times since he was 16 months old.

The one movie he will watch...repeatedly...over and over and over...is the original Disney Cars movie.  Not Cars 2.  Just Cars 1.  Over and over.  He loves it.  And as much as I tire of listening to it on in the background, I don't mind him watching it because he gathers up his little "Eye Cars" (as opposed to the matchbox cars that don't have eyes) and he plays along with them as he watches.  He reenacts the races in the movie.  I think it's very cute.

The other thing about his love of cars is that he has decided that any and all cars that have a spoiler on the back are Race Cars.  That '98 Pontiac Grand Am with the spoiler...that's a race car!  That Oldsmobile Alero...race car.  The Nissan Altima we rented while in Idaho was extra special because he was "so excited to ride in a real race car!" It's a bonus if the cars happen to be red or yellow.  It makes driving down our city streets pretty exciting.  He's very good at pointing out all the race cars on our roads.  I think it's a fun game to play while we're running errands, and Hobbes and I play along with him every day.

But even I couldn't hold back the laughter when he spotted this...
Race Bus!!!

It's awesome in so many ways.  He's a lucky little kid to live life on a race track.

1 comment:

kalie said...

He's so darling. I love Cars. I could watch it every day...and sometimes, I do!