Thursday, September 15, 2011

Yumm!

I lived in Eugene, OR for five years. I fell in love with it for many reasons, a few of which are these:
  • Our great family and friends.
  • The coast, just a 45-minute beautiful drive away.
  • Blackberries growing wild on every road side.
  • Green, Green Everything
  • Bike and running paths to take you anywhere you want to go.
  • Ducks Football
  • And last, but not least, Café Yumm!

Sweet Mhana just brought me this extra large bottle of Yumm! sauce:
I made bi-monthly trips to this eatery while I lived there, and I deeply miss it. This sauce is amazing, and unfortunately for me, perishable. I can order it online, but it has to be constantly refrigerated, making it way out of my shipping price range. I even tried to make it last year by replicating the secret recipe from knock-off recipes online. The result looked good but tasted far from accurate, and far from satisfying. Now, I almost feel like I have a bottle of pure, edible gold sitting in my fridge.

I can't wait to dig into my homemade version of this deliciousness!

Café Yumm! is a small chain with locations in Portland, Bend, Corvallis and Eugene, OR. Check it out if you're ever in the area. It is so very very delicious!

1 comment:

Madame Palmkey said...

I must give credit where credit is due. Mom bought it. It had been my plan and then the day before we left a dinner party decided it was going to happen at my house, and I felt like I was going to have a meltdown trying to get all my prep for the trip done, so Mom went and got it. It was my brain child, and mom's money child. But you're welcome all the same.