Sunday, May 08, 2011

Mortification Moment.

Every parent has them. Those moments when you want to crawl under a rock because of something your dear sweet progeny has just perpetrated. Today in church, Gunner had just sucha moment. He is only two and half, so his speech isn't flawless. He still substitutes sounds in words. "Truck" for instance is prounounced with an 'F' instead of a 'T'. Similarly, c-l sounds are pronounced c-r. So, imagine my dismay when Gunner who was clapping in church, responded to my shushing him by yelling at the top of his voice "I love crapping, Daddy!"

-SS

3 comments:

Dan's mom said...

Dan's older brother, at about 3 1/2, so his language skills were a bit better, observed that the checker at Safeway was "chocolate - like my eyes"......It's one of the joys of parenthood- and it is even better when you can see that they are going to do something embarassing and there is no time to do anything to stop them....

lulu said...

I loved it. Flowed right along with the talk being given.

Lauren said...

Josh does something similar, though he will yell out "My shirt!" Unfortunately the r gets dropped. Got to love the looks you get when kids say stuff like that.