Thursday, December 09, 2010

Loving My Boy

We put our Christmas tree up on Sunday. Gunner was so excited about decorating the tree, and it was so much fun to watch him hang the "guys" (little Scandinavian people) and "tubas" (bells) on the tree. He loves his tree so much, and he calls it his "Christmas". He even made Spiff and me sit down on the floor with him in front of the tree and "Watch Christmas". Who knew that a Christmas tree could be such an exciting show?

Gunner and I made a batch of Jiffy blueberry muffins today, and then he licked the batter bowl. Seriously, Jiffy Muffin mix is really that good!
And just as a side note, notice the box of Wheat Thins on the table. Gunner refers to them (and Chex Mix) as "chicken". They are the only meat products he's willing to eat.

Tonight, my baby had the hiccups. I put Gunner's little hand on my belly so that he could feel it, not really expecting him to feel anything or get it at all. But he felt it! I explained that the baby had the hiccups, and he smiled and pressed his little hand in closer so he could feel them better. Then he kept asking for more hiccups as I put him to bed. Pretty awesome.

The best part of my day these days is bedtime. I love reading books and cuddling with my little boy before his nap or bed. It gets better every day as he gets better at talking. He remember phrases from his favorite books and quotes them throughout the day. And he almost always asks for more books, which is almost always irresistible for me, and I almost always cave and read him just one more. Especially when he asks for them by content, like tonight when he asked for the peanut butter ("beanut buttet") book, which turns out to be a library book where a dog eats some butter off the kitchen counter on one of the pages. I think the only thing I love more than reading him stories is singing his bedtime song while he cuddles on my shoulder. He's old enough to pick his song these days, and it melts my heart to hear him ask for "the daddy song again." Like I said, it's the best part of my day.

6 comments:

cfg said...

OK, my heart melted too. I wish you were here or I were there.

Madame Palmkey said...

I wish we could be with him to watch Christmas! I wish you could be here to help me decorate cookies! happy anniversary, thank you for lending me Spiff so he can help haul. I can't wait for little Hobbes to get here so we can look at pictures of him. I especially am hoping for one like the one of Gunner in his pumpkin shirt looking like a tiny little old man. That is one of my favorites. yay for adorable boys we love!

Linzi Lou, Samantha Boo, Madi Moo, and Chris too said...

I would like to know if "chicken" is an ingredient in wheat thins, perhaps he knows something we don't!

Matt and Christy said...

I wish that you guys lived closer! I don't even remember the last time we saw little Gunner. I hope that you have a good Christmas season!

Lauren said...

Very cute!

Nurse Graham said...

So cute.